Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
Metaflex® SG/IR Fire-Safe Gaskets
It has PTFE filler in the inner sealing areas and graphite filler in the outer sealing areas. In operation, the PTFE filler enables the gasket to work with highly corrosive or high purity media, whereas the graphite-filled area provides a secondary seal under fire conditions.
- Fire Test certification to ANSI/API 607, Fifth Edition, and ISO 10497:2004. Third party testing was carried out by CEWAC/EID and witnessed by Lloyds.
- Manufactured in accordance with all relevant gasket standards to suit flange designations: ASME B16.5, BS1560, ASME B16.47 Series A (MSS-SP44), ASME B16.47 Series B (API 605), BS EN 1092 (BS4504); plus DIN, JIS and NF.
High pressure flange sealing duties in aggressive environments, where it is essential to prevent leakage of flammable, corrosive or toxic media under emergency fire conditions. This product is recommended for pipelines and pressure vessels on steam, petrochemical, nuclear, marine and hydraulic plant; plus heat exchangers.
- Recorded zero leakage under API 607/ISO 10497 test conditions, that covered preliminary hydro test, fire type-testing, and post burn leakage.
- Winding strip and inner support rings: Stainless steel to BS EN 10088-2-1 (formerly Grade 316L).
- Outer supporting ring: Carbon steel. Nickel alloys are available.
Maximum temperature (continuous operations): +260°C
Maximum operating pressure: 35MPa/350bar
Sizes: DN10 to DN1200, pressure rating PN10 to PN40; 0.5-inch to 48-inch; pressure ratings Classes 150 to 600.
For another Fire-Safe gasket see our Corrusafe FS.
Metaflex® SG/IR Fire-Safe is a fire-safe certified spiral wound gasket that comprises a stainless steel inner support ring and winding strips, with a carbon steel outer support ring.