Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
The exceptional malleability of expanded PTFE can compensate for out-of-parallel and/or damaged sealing faces. This allows use on stress-sensitive connections where only a limited bolt load applies, such as with plastic or glass flanges.
Sealing of flanges on pipes, pump housings, compressors, hand-holes, man holes, air ducts, compensators, heat exchangers, etc.
- Multi-directional expanded PTFE of exceptional strength, with less creep at higher temperatures than other types of PTFE sheet.
- Inherently clean and non-toxic for duties where purity and hygiene are paramount..
- Dimensionally stable – narrow flange faces can be sealed without interrupting flow.
- Gaskets are quick and easy to install, and can be removed without leaving residue.
- Chemically resistant to most media in the range pH 0-14. Exceptions include molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine at high temperature and pressure.
- TA-Luft to VDI 2440.
- VDI 2200 (Blow-out test).
- Conforms to FDA CFR 177.1550.
- USP Class VI.
- BAM approved for applications with gaseous oxygen at operating conditions up to 3MPa/30bar and 200˚C.
- Germanischer Lloyd Approval.
Operating temperature (maximum): +270°C, with short excursions to +315°C.
Operating temperature (minimum): -240°C.
Pressure range: Vacuum to 20MPa/200bar.
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size or quantity. Also in sheet form to a maximum size of 1.5m x 1.5m. Thicknesses: 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm.