Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
RotaBolt® tension control fasteners
A modified bolt or stud that allows a specific tension to be accurately applied. Correct tension is easily checked using either a finger-feel device incorporated in the fastener, or by monitoring a built-in optical indicator.
RotaBolts are extensively used for flange jointing and other mechanical fixing duties in many industries including offshore, petrochemical, mining, defence and power generation. They prove particularly valuable where an unreliable bolted connection could have serious financial, health & safety or environmental consequences.
- Each RotaBolt® is calibrated to ensure the achievement of design load is accurately monitored.
- RotaBolt® system is vastly more reliable than a torque wrench or hydraulic tensioner, where bolt loads at end of tightening cycle are unknown and uncontrollable.
- Fastener tension is easy to check: finger-feel device can be used when wearing protective gloves or diving equipment; and optical indicator can be viewed from a distance when the bolted joint is sited away from walkways.
- Suits a wide range of bolting and environmental conditions.
- Resists corrosion, elevated and cryogenic temperatures, shock and vibration.
- Standard load settings : 5t to 350t.
- Indicator for RotaBolt® 1 : One setting of ±5% tension accuracy.
- Indicator for RotaBolt® 2 : Upper and lower settings as required.
Standard range: M12 to M125 bolts, M18 to M125 studs.
Materials: Alloy steels up to 12.9 strength grade; stainless steels, cupro-nickel, nickle and titanium alloys.
Other sizes and materials available. Customer-supplied fasteners can be modified.