Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
Moorside® Ring Joint Gaskets
Moorside® ring joint gaskets are precision manufactured metal ring joints predominantly used in high pressure oilfield applications, as well as on refiining and processing plant. They are manufactured in the UK.
James Walker Moorflex is licensed under API Spec 6A-0038, by the American Petroleum Institute, to apply the API monogram to gaskets in accordance with API 6A PSL4 requirements.
- To API 6A (oilfield use) standard.
- To ASME B16.20 (general use) standard.
- To fit ASME, BS and DIN flanges.
Ring joint types
- R type (oval and octagonal) solid sections to fit standard ring joint flanges with trapezoidal grooves.
- Types RX and BX with complex bevelled edge sections for wellhead pressures exceeding 69MPa/690bar (10,000psi).
- Lens sections, convex, wedge, double cone, anmd weld-ring types.
- Standard: soft iron. low carbon steel, plus ranges of alloy steels and stainless steels.
- Non-standard: high nickel alloys, super alloy steels, and additional stainless steels.
- PTFE inner rings – for sitting in the cavity between flange bore and ring joint to reduce turbulence and flange erosion.
- Flange protectors – for installation around the external diameter of flange joint to minimise ingress of moisture and dirt.
- Rubber coated ring joints – soft iron ring joint gaskets encapsulated in nitrile rubber for testing wellhead assemblies and valves. Rings can be reused and do not damage flange grooves.
All sizes and materials to the standards listed. We also manufacture customers’ proprietary designs where confidentiallity agreements are in force.