Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
Sentinel® is James Walker’s general purpose sheet jointing. It compises compressed aramid fibres with a nitrile rubber (NBR) binder. An anti-stick finish to both surfaces is supplied as standard.
- Replaces CAF for most industrial duties up to 400°C.
- Suitable for a wide range of media, including potable water.
- Offers outstanding performance for its class.
- Exceeds the property requirements of BS 7531 Grade Y.
- WRAS approved for use with cold and hot potable water up to 85°C.
(Typical values for 1.5mm thick material)
Density, Mg/m³ : 1.6
Transverse tensile strength, MPa : 8.0 (ASTM F152A)
Residual stress, MPa : 25.0 (BS 7531)
Compressibility, % : 10.0 (BS 7531)
Recovery, % : 45.0 (ASTM F36J)
Gas permeability, ml/min : <1.0 (BS 7531)
Leachable chloride ion content, ppm : <100
Fluid immersion properties
IRM 903, % thickness increase, 5h @ 150°C : 5.0 (BS 7531)
ASTM fuel B, % thickness increase, 5h @ RT : 6.0 (ASTM F146)
Water, % thickness increase, 5h @ 100°C : 9.0 (BS 7531)
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size and quantity. In sheets 2.0m x 1.5m, 1.5m x 1.0m. Thicknesses: 0.5mm, 0.75mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm. Please note that 3.0mm is also available but is not recommended.