Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
Inca is a high quality and reliable – yet economically priced – jointing based on glass and aramid fibres combined with a nitrile rubber (NBR) binder. It is supplied in a mid-green surface finish. An anti-stick finish to both sides is supplied as standard.
- A durable jointing for general purpose, medium peformance duties.
- Suitable for steam, condensate, potable water, air, oils, solvents and a wide range of other media.
- Value engineered to provide excellent value for money.
- Readily meets all the requirements of BS 7531 Grade Y.
- WRAS approved for use with cold and hot potable water up to 85°C.
(Typical values for 1.5mm thick material)
Density, Mg/m³ : 1.85
Transverse tensile strength, MPa : 7.0 (ASTM F15A)
Residual stress, MPa : 23.0 ( BS 7531)
Compressibility, % : 10.0 (BS 7531)
Recovery, % : 55.0 (ASTM F36J)
Gas permeability, ml/min : <1.0 (BS 7531)
Leachable chloride ion content, ppm : <100
Fluid immersion properties
IRM 903, % thickness increase, 5h @ 150°C : 5.0 (BS 7531)
ASTM fuel B, % thickness increase, 5h @ RT : 6.0 (ASTM F146)
Water, % thickness increase, 5h @ 100°C : 5.0 (BS 7531)
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size and quantity. In sheets 2.0m x 1.5m, 1.5m x 1.0m. Thicknesses: 0.5mm, 0.75mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm. Please note that 3.0mm is also available but is not recommended for gasket duties.