Gaskets & Sheet Jointings
Chieftain® is James Walker’s premium grade universal sheet jointing. Its formulation contains an advanced carbon fibre material and a nitrile rubber (NBR) binder. An anti-stick finish to both surfaces is supplied as standard.
- Carbon fibre for strength and stability.
- 450°C maximum temperature.
- Outstanding chemical and steam resistance.
- User friendly – easy to cut, handle and remove from flanges.
- Easily meets the requirements of BS 7531 Grade X.
- Suitable for ASME Class 300 flange ratings to at least 260°C.
(Typical values for 1.5mm thick material)
Density, Mg/m³ : 1.6
Transverse tensile strength, MPa : 9.0 (ASTM F152)
Residual stress, MPa : 28.0 (BS 7531)
Compressibility, % : 9.0 (BS 7531)
Recovery, % : 60.0 (ASTM F36J)
Flexibility after accelerated ageing : Pass (BS F125)
Gas permeability, ml/min : <1.0 (BS 7531)
Leachable chloride ion content, ppm : <100
Fluid immersion properties
IRM 903, % thickness increase, 5h @ 150°C : 6.0 (BS 7531)
Water, % thickness increase, 5h @ 100°C : 5.0 (BS 7531)
ASTM fuel B, % thickness increase, 5h @ RT : 8.0 (ASTM F146)
Sodium hydroxide (50% concentration), % thickness increase, 10h @ 100°C : 13.0
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size and quantity. In sheets 2.0m x 1.5m, 1.5m x 1.0m. Thicknesses: 0.5mm, 0.75mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm. Please note that 3.0mm is also available but is not recommended.